Saturday 8 June 2013

Compose by Ouyang Xi – Your Music Writes Itself



I hate to admit that I took 2 years of guitar lessons and I can only play the first few cords of Deep Purple’s Smoke on the Water. I guess I’m one of those people who simply isn’t musically inclined. I used to write some poetry that I would have loved to turn into songs, but I couldn’t read or write music either. So I guess it’s safe to say I’m not destined to be a rock star.

All hope is not lost! Check out Compose by Ouyang Xi, a concept device designed to allow the musically challenged to actually get their melodies on paper. The pen on this digital clipboard acts as a microphone, allowing you to whistle or play a tune into it, and then when docked into the digital tablet, the harmonies will automatically be transcribed into a score. The Compose would also allow you to write directly on the display in order to “record” your tunes, before the thoughts of them are lost forever.

The designer, Ouyang Xi, would also like to see this concept contain libraries that would include sounds for an entire orchestra so that your final masterpiece can play in all it’s splendor, for everyone to enjoy. Of course it’s only a concept for now, but it gives hope to so many of us that have been walking around with the next hit recording buzzing around in our heads.

That’s all I know for now, it certainly is a concept I’d like to see go to production someday, I knew I had rock star potential, I just need a little help. Check out yankodesigns.com for updates or more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QuickRide - A car pooling app

QuickRide One of best carpooling App in India.  Carpooling/Bike-pooling/Ride-Sharing refers to the sharing of empty seats in a vehicle...